Friday, February 13, 2009

Homemade Sauces

Ice Cream Sundaes anyone? Sorry I am working on my up close shots, bare with me until I have mastered this. I love photography.
Lindsey had a "Late Night" and all we had was plain ole Vanilla Ice Cream. It IS Ideal Dairy so for me it is just fine plain, SOOOOO Creamy, anyway her friend requested chocolate sauce and Lindsey wanted caramel sauce. So, what would any recipe loving mum do, but make both!! It took maybe 4 minutes, so why not?

This Chocolate sauce recipe is actually Chocolate Ganache. You can ice cakes with it, and it will harden a little, or put in the fridge and after chilled make truffles. MMmmmm with a little bit of peppermint candies crushed mixed in for a mint truffle or even Cream De Menthe extract. Oh my Goot Ness.


Since I am counting my calories, I just get plain, but plain is good enough for me. As long as it's Ideal Dairy of course! So, don't eat plain ole ice cream, add some lovin'!! Don't forget your ice water, funny how thirsty you get after ice cream. Ooh, wouldn't a fudgey, chewy brownie be good under that?
I also have to thank my friend Jessica for adding her recipe on the last comments for her cookies. I'll post them underneath so everyone can enjoy! Sounds Fabulous!

Caramel Sauce
1C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Butter
1/4 Evaporated Milk ( I used half and half) :)
Stir together in a pan over medium heat
Bring to boil stirring constantly for 2 1/2 minutes.
TA DA
Chocolate Sauce or Ganache
8 oz. Heavy Cream
8 Oz. Chocolate Chips (I use Milk Chocolate, could use any chocolate chips, pb chips, or butterscotch)
1t Vanilla
Bring cream to a light boil
Stir in choc chips and stir until smooth
For Truffles
Place in fridge until cool, scoop with cookie scoop and dip in chocolate let cool
Super Simple Gooey Chocolate sauce
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 bag chocolate chips
place both in pan over med. heat stir until smooth
This sauce gets gooey almost chewy when it cools. OOOOOOO
Jessicas Cookie Recipe
Yellow Toffee Cookies
One yellow cake mix
2Tbsp water (add a little more if you have to)
2 Eggs
1 pkg brickle toffee bits
Mix together. Very thick. Bake at 390 for 9 minutes, not brown

1 comment: