Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Nights Menu


Cold and snowy today. How 'bout soup. I like more stewy soups or like Rachael Ray says Stewp.

Tonight we had Potato Broccoli Stewp. That just sounds gross. Won't use that again. Anyway, bowl of hot soup and Mom's Breadmaker Rolls. Mmmmmm. Need I say more.
Potato Broccoli Soup
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic
4T butter
1/2C flour
2 Cups peeled and diced potatoes
1 large carrot diced or chopped with the "chopper"
2 celery stalks diced
4C chicken broth
4C milk
Saute onion, celery,garlic, and carrots in butter, or oil or PAM
add 1/2 C flour and stir together
Add chicken broth and simmer until thickened
Add potatoes and milk
Bring to boil on med. heat for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Don't add seasonings until the end. I learned from Wolfgang Puck that soups can reduce and become too salty.
I added 2T chicken bouillon and some garlic salt, S&P to taste.
Sprinkle each bowl of soup with cheddar cheese
Breadmaker Rolls
1C milk
2T butter
1 egg
31/4 C flour
3/4 C sugar
3t yeast
Heat milk and butter in Microwave for 1 minute. Place all ingredients in bread pan in the order listed. Put on dough cycle.
Divide dough into 15 pieces. 5 rows of 3. Pull of chunks of dough and shape into a ball. Place into a well greased 9x13. Brush with butter. Cover and let rise 30-40 minutes or until double. Heat oven to 375. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! Keep them coming, I love recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did my comment go? Must try those rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM! That looks so yummy. I think I must be hungry. I wish I would have asked you sooner for good ideas for my Valentine dinner. We always have a candlelight dinner with the kids.

    ReplyDelete